Wednesday, February 14, 2007

thriving years












On May 7th 2006 I graduated from college. I walked across the stage leaving four years of greatness, fun, beauty, excitement, and alomst perfect friends... Only to find an abundance more as I traveled from place to place, to different families and friends, as I traveled a step at a time in God's leading.

Right after graduation I went from Boone to Wilmington. I spent two weeks laying on the beach every day, dreaming and imagining all the possibilities, opportunities, options, and courses I could take next. I was filled with ambition, passion, and excitement! I had no plans for the rest of my life and the attitude, "dream big, God will exceed my dreams in ways I can't imagine. ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN!"

Since then I've spent the past 8 months traveling and living in different places. Through out those months God has been slowly but certainly guiding me in these steps to Spain.

I just took my last trip to North Carolina. I spent 5 days saying goodbye to so many of my friends. I have never felt so loved by so many people at the same time. Kat threw a goodbye party for me. At my church in Banner Elk they prayed for me and Pastor Carl annointed my head with oil. I have never felt as encouraged at a church service than I did that day. I got to see my middle schoolers from Forest Hill, they were on the ski trip and staying in Boone. I got to spend good quality time with my brother and sister and so many friends. It felt like heaven! I felt so undeserving of all this and so grateful.

As I drove back to Memphis yesterday I kept thinking "those were my thriving years, I thrived in that place and with love for those people." Then I realized maybe "those were only the beginning of my thriving years." So I left the place and people I love... the place and people and experiences that TAUGHT me to love, to go love more people and more places.... more of the world!

"God is magnificent, he can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to his greatness." ~ ps 145:3 (msg)
"...how pleasant and fitting to praise him" ~ps 147:1

1 comment:

BritBoat said...

I love that you have ten million pictures of you and your friends before almost every post. There's just so much joy in your posts! I LOVE IT! You help me to smile even when I don't want to. Just thought you should know that.