


"Relationships are eternal."
I can't express how much comfort I find in this statement. I love my friendships so much. It is so hard to think about saying goodbye to so many people I love. During our training they said people who move a lot are constantly going through a revolving door of relationships. I don't want to go in and out of relationships as they describe.
When I think of my relationships as something eternal, I see all my friends permanently in my life. We become a part of eachother's lives forever! That is exciting! Like eternal hanging out! Though everyone has been present in my life at different points in time, my knowing them will last and my love for them will last. Their relationships makes an impact and mark on my life that lasts and I take with me, even when I don't see them every day any more.
So instead of seeing relationships as a revolving door I see them as a door once walked through, it is never walked out of. As I continue to enter relationships, they will continue to change me and grow me. Each relationship I have expands and opens my life and my world. I can live larger with each person I love, with each person who loves me.
"He is before all things, and IN HIM all things hold together." ~ Colossians 1:17
It is still hard to leave though....
4 comments:
My goal is to post a comment on every one of your posts. Not sure if I've done that thus far, but I'm pretty sure I've come close!
You are a blessing! I shall eat a bowl of grape-nuts in honor of you!
So, hmm, I was just wondering if you think relationships are an important part of life? Jk. So, yeah I flew over Memphis on the way home, and looked down on the river and the city, but I didn't see you! Perhaps, you were inside eating grape-nuts and thinking of Brittney...I like your analogy to relationships being an open door into something new and lasting, rather than something you walk out of and leave - again, and insightful insight.
molly, you're brilliant. what a great perspective: each relationship i have expands my life and my world, and i can live larger the more i love...
love it! and love you!
Wow! I'm in one of those pictures! YES! It never showed up before. Thank you! I feel priviledged!
Post a Comment