Saturday, February 24, 2007

the caribbean









Back in November Carole Ardizzone (one of my mom's friends from Charlotte, who is now my friend too and is someone I really admire in so many ways) called me up and invited me to come on a cruise with their family. I just got back from this cruise yesterday. I love the beach more than I can even express in words.

I used to have this screensaver that was of pictures of crystal clear wate, white sand beaches and palm trees and I would dream of going to a place like that. In the middle of winter my sophmore year of college I got home from class one day put on my bathing suit, turned up the heat and sat there and watched my screensaver and cried because I wanted to be there so bad! hahaha.

I got to see these images in real life this week. I would lay on the beach and think, "is this real?" I can't even believe I am here now, this is what I dream of!" I even got to run on the beach to Chariots of Fire sound track, which is something I have wanted to do for years! (I just got an ipod in December which made it possible for the first time on this trip). I got up and watched the sunrise over the ocean every morning and the sunset every evening I would lay on the beach and think, "I dont think there is a person here who loves this more than I do." I savored and enjoyed laying on that beach to the complete fullest I knew how to savor and enjoy something, like it was the last piece of dark chocolate in the world. I really can't express it in words, but I am so thankful for this experience. Carole and her family have given me more than I could've imagined one person giving another. I am so undeserving of all they have done for me since I met them back in June.

I feel like I got to taste heaven for a brief moment, now I am back in Memphis and even after having been to tropical paradise I am glad to be back home. With out having cell phone service or internet connection on this trip it made me realize how deeply I will truly miss my friends and family when I move to Spain. This week is my last week of living in America. I will enjoy and savor the people in my life to the complete fullest I know how to.

3 comments:

BritBoat said...

I LOVE the pictures! Gorgeous! The background on my myspace is of the sunsetting on a beach. I think of you every time I go to it.
Wow, the last piece of dark chocolate is VERY important to savor! Glad you had this time to relax and experience things you've always wanted and spend some time with the one you love=the beach.

I am praying for you!! You'll get it all done and still have time to sit and laugh...just take it one moment at a time.

parsley said...

woooh! love the pictures.. love it! love it! love it! awesome.. i miss the beach.. huhu good for you, you have moments like that. nice page!

Katie Jo said...

"Calling all Hot women of the Lord."