Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Beauty of the Gospel of Jesus

The Gospel is the most beautiful thing in the world. Jesus is the most beautiful person in the world.

Like when I stop and think about the Gospel and all the riches and treasures it contains, it truly amazes me. Even after all these years of "knowing" it and believing it, I've still barely scratched the surface. There's still so much to know of it and experience of it.

This is the beauty of Jesus to me:

That he would leave his home, that I may come into his home.
That he would lose his beauty in the sight of man, that I may become beautiful in the sight of God.
That he would suffer on the cross, that I may know him as my joy.
That he would be nailed down, that I may experience freedom in him.
That he would be rejected by his Father, that I may be accepted by his Father.
That he would lose his Father's presence in his most painful hour, that I may have His presence in every hour.
That he would die a painful death, that I may live an abundant life.
That he would take the punishment of everything I did wrong, that I may receive the reward of everything he did right.
That he who knew no sin would become sin, so that when God looks upon me he sees no sin. Instead, the righteousness of Jesus.

The extremes Jesus went to for me on the cross... It's full of grace, full of unfairness (in the best way), full of love, full of complete self-sacrifice. He gave away himself for me. Sometimes it's just good to let that soak in.




No comments: