Thursday, January 24, 2008

i fell in the street...








(the first 2 pictures are recent and the last few are just fun pictures from the last days of 2007)

So a lot of intersting things have happened in my life recently… here are some stories:

On the first day of the year my computer crashed… but then my family came! So John helped me reinstall my system, but when we did that I lost all my documents, music, photos, videos etc. oh and the battery broke. That was really really hard for me. Im not a big fan of computers… but I guess we kind of need them.

I fell in the street. I stepped off the curb into a pot hole and my whole body went down. I really hurt my foot. John carried me ☺ So I got bandaged up and put on crutches. I spent a lot of time a lone with my foot elevated in my room. I got around my house on crutches and my rolling desk chair.

One day (while I was injured) I took a taxi over to my old apartment where a bunch of my friends live. THey took good care of me! They made lunch for me; rice, ham, fried egg, and tomato sauce all mixed together, my friend Pilar told me crazy stories about all her past injuries, my friend Noe gave me over 1000 pictures and some videos of our fun times from the past year (that was such a huge gift!!) Then they let me stay there for the night and gave me pijamas and I slept in my old bed, my old room where i lived when i first got here, then they drove me home.

So most of my classmates are muslims. In their religion you aren't allowed to eat pork, its like completely unclean. So they all went home for the feast of the lamb, where they kill a lamb and eat it for a week. But since I am in Spain, I use the word "pig" (cerdo) a lot more than the word "lamb" (cordero). When they all got back I said in Spanish "sooo "how was the feast of the pig??!" which maybe would've been offensive if it wasn't an honest mistake... haha they laughed.

Every morning I see this same hippie guy around town, he is usually dancing in the sunrise or doing yoga. So we recognize each other and wave or say,"hola, como estas?" Well one day ( a while ago, before I fell) I decided to talk to him. I said, "what is your name?" and I am so glad I asked because he said, "my name is Energia (Energy)" hahaha i love that!! i have a hippie friend named Energy!!

Well I got to cut the bandage off the other night! My friend Anna came over to help me cut it off and she brought ice cream to celebrate walking again. I was so scared because I didn’t think it’d really be healed. But God really really healed it!! I could walk! I can walk! Man I have never appreciated just taking steps as much as I have these past few days. I appreciate standing up in the shower. I appreciate doing laundry. I appreciate balance! I appreciate being able to carry things with my hands while walking! Now I am just waiting to be a runner again.

1 comment:

Katie Jo said...

Well I am glad you are finally appriciating things because before you were such a grump... haha.