Thursday, January 17, 2008

the family in spain











So my family came to see me last week! It was so fun to see them again. Here are some highlights:

Seeing them in the airport when they arrived and hugging them

The first night they were here and John fell asleep at my place so I walked the family back to the place they were staying and when I got back to my place John was up so we went out for tapas and he told me funny stories, one was about him and an old woman in the airport. My brother makes me laugh.

Going out to tapas with the family and just laughing so much and it reminding us of the family dinners we used to have.

The night a ton of my Spanish friends came to meet my family and take us out for tapas. They would not let my family pay and they all tried to speak a little English. But the best was when my dad told them in Spanish that "molly loves you all and we love you too". Later he told them that it was really cool to see how God had put them min my life.

Walking around the Alhambra with my family and going to other beautiful places in this city.

The night my Spanish friends had my family over for a typical Spanish dinner. They went all out and cooked all sorts of foods for them to try and decorated the place so nice. As we sat down to eat they asked my dad to bless the food! That was so exciting for me to get to pray with them for the first time, he prayed a line and I translated it, it was so sweet. At the end of the night dad said to them, "this night will be a memory that we have forever" and they said the same.

Watching my dad and brother do the Soldier Boy dance.

Gypsies here are known for offering sticks of rosemary to people and then charging them for it. So we had such a fun time watching them and everyone's reactions to these persistent gypsy women.

After spending time with my Spanish friends my mom said, "molly your friends just inspire me to be more Christian" and my dad said, "Well, that's good honey, I've been praying for that." hahhahaha

5 comments:

Katie Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Jo said...

I know who your next visitor is! Unless someone beats me to it!!! See you March 18th, with my dancin shoes on.

PS, you look great in those pictures. That scarf is very becoming on you.

Anonymous said...

i want to see your dad do the soulja boy dance!

Unknown said...

Oh MollyI just read your blog,Just loved the pictures & stories.I know you all had a wonderful time together.Your Dad told me a little bit about trip but his main question was if the Plaza was designed after Granda.The answer to that is it definitly was & our sister city is Seville. He could'nt get over how much the architecture[sp] looked like the Plaza.
How I wish I could have been thereI miss you so much & love you so much
Meme
PS Hope you are off crutches

Katie Jo said...

Dear Molly's Family,

If you talk to her on the phone, please tell her to check her email... I bought a ticket to come see her, and she doesn't know yet...

MOLLY I AM COMING! CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

And you were on crutches??? Awww no!