Hope doesn't have many class rooms. So a few years ago when I started leading prayer meetings on Sunday mornings, since there were no rooms available, I discovered that no one used the bridal suite on Sundays. So I began to lead prayer meetings before YAC in there.
The bridal suite has become a place I spend A LOT of time in actually. I have a cubical at Hope and sometimes when I need to really focus or be in a quiet place where I won't disturb anyone, like if I have to edit a video or play a sermon to prepare in for Wed Night Bible study, I go down to the bridal suite.
Now that I have started seminary, I also use the bridal suite as a place that I do online class as well.
When I think back over the past few years, in the Bridal Suite, I have led countless prayer meetings, countless leadership team meetings, I have practiced tons of messages in front of those mirrors, in meetings with leaders I have cried as faithful leaders have moved on, and I have cried over people and their faith and walks with God. Many of my leaders have developed as leaders. Many of the greeters used to come in there and pray with us and prepare their hearts to meet new people and show Christ's love to them. We have prayed for tons of young adults by name, and made many important decisions all.. in the bridal suite.
A bridal suite is used for a bride to prepare for her wedding, for her groom. That same room has been used by many brides who are preparing to walk down the aisle. They are in there one time in their life, for a one time event of their life.
I am in there almost every day. Every day I walk out of the bridal suite, in the back of my mind, I think, "man, one day, I would love to get to use a bridal suite for it's intended purpose..."
The irony of the bridal suite for me, is that when I think more deeply about it, it really is a place of preparation for me. I believe God is using this time in my life, this time in leading a ministry and now also this time in seminary as a time of preparation for me for my future ministry.
I think that all the times I practice my messages in front of the mirrors, all the tears I shed over people, all the prayers I've prayed, all the ways I lead leaders in the bridal suite, God is preparing me not only for ministry, but he is developing my character, my leadership and my heart for... himself.
That is the beauty and the irony of the bridal suite.
No comments:
Post a Comment