Saturday, May 22, 2010

happy birthday dad



so ive decided to start posting on here again more often. today seems like a fitting day, this is for you dad! Happy birthday, I love you. here is part of a blog i posted about my dad a few years ago... its still so true

"If there is any reason I have a good concept of God as my father it is because of the way the love of dad has pointed me to the way God loves his children. I feel so thankful to have grown up under the example and love of my dad. By us watching him, he made his children fall in love with family and with God, there probably isn't anything greater than that! Through out our lives I have watched him follow God in the the closest way and taking our family along in each step of faith in His journey for us. It encourages me to do the same with my own life.

In my dad's love I have experienced what it means to be enjoyed. Dad has sacrificed himself in so many ways for us. Even as far as allowing himself to be the one we "give a hard time" when joking around. Some how he created an atmosphere of rest and fun in our home. When I remember growing up, the first image that comes to my mind is us sitting around the dinner table laughing and enjoying one another. "

It is so cool that God has lead me back to Memphis and to work at Hope where my mom and my dad both work. I always joke and say im following in the family business! haha! Almost every day I go to my dad's office and i get to sit and learn about ministry from someone who is so experienced and who God has used to impact so many lives for the Gospel. I feel so lucky to get to learn from him as I am still so new at this job.

One day I went in there crying, so stressed by the pressures of numbers and programming and he said I want to show you something: he pulled out his trash can. It was full of hundreds of papers from a huge binder. He said Molly, I spent years planning, stressing, sleepless nights over this ministry program and do you know what? it eventually came to nothing, but do you what lasted? My relationships with the people. then he began listing the names... This stuff didnt end up mattering, the relationships are what matter. Remember that." That was a powerful moment for me. My dad is soooooo wonderful and I get to learn from a great man. I'm so proud to be his daughter.

I love you dad, happy birthday!

2 comments:

Jon Fuschi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon Fuschi said...

What a great father! I hope I can have the same relationship with my children!