Sunday, December 6, 2009

i got a job!




(In Sept. I moved out of my parents house to a place with a friend in East Memphis. It has been so wonderful to have my own place. I appreciate it more than I ever would've before if i hadn't had to move home again after spain)

So the theme of this year, or really since I got back from Spain in Aug, 08 has been looking for a job. Reflecting over this year I remember so much confusion about where I should look, what I should do. I asked God for guidance/direction every day. I filled out so many applications, got really good at writing cover letters, tailoring my resume to suit each job I applied for. Literally hundreds of times. I walked into places with my resume, I had certain interviews where I thought surely I would get it, only to be let down.

In March I went to Africa and had a very memorable and profound moment with an African Pastor we met there. He laid his hands on me and prayed in a powerful way for God to provide a job for me that would be better than I could dream by the end of this year. He then told me he would pray every day that I would get a job.

You know what is funny, the job I got had nothing to do with any of the cover letters/resumes/online job searches and everything to do with what I was doing when I wasn't looking or trying. I wrote a couple of blogs ago about the ministry a bunch of us started at my church, Hope. That's where I was investing and pouring myself into as I was looking for jobs. A few weeks ago I met with the pastor and the COO and they told me they want me on staff. They told me that they have created a position for me, so I could work part time with the young adults (until it's big enough then I could do that full time) and part time work with the small groups.

I am thrilled to have a job, not only a job, but the job I have been doing as a volunteer because it is what I enjoy. A job where I can use my passions and gifts and work with people I love. It is quite amazing to see how God has exceeded what I had hoped for.

Friday was my first day. ANd I got sick, really sick. I have been sleeping like 14 hours each night and trying to get better all weekend before I go in on Monday. It is so interesting how each time I am about to start a new phase of life, I get sick. Like traveling to Spain to live there for the next year and a half of my life, I threw up in the plane as we were landing and was SO sick the first week or so. But as I read back over all the prayers, it is so cool to see the door finally be opened... at just the right time, just the right place. I know it will be challenging, but also rewarding just as this past uncertain, crazy year of waiting has been.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Molly, that is SOOOO awesome! It's the coolest thing to watch how God answers our prayers so faithfully. We'll definitely be thinking of you as you continue on your journey and hope to see you soon!

Lynn said...

Oh Molly, I am so happy to hear this! This sounds like exactly you- doing what you do best: spending time with people and nurturing relationships. I can't wait to hear more!

Love,
lynn