(These are pictures from the past couple months, my travels in NC)
I am at home. It feels so good to say that.
These past 3 and a half months have been so wonderful and so tiring. I have been traveling, driving, flying, non-stop ever since I landed on American soil back in July. I am so thankful for all the people I have been able to reconnect with and see again! I went to Kansas and saw family. I have had the best time hanging out with old friends. I went to Cape Carteret to see Susannah and Nate and to Wilmington to see Melissa and Matt. I was in and out of Charlotte for 2 months and 20 days and got to see people like Shannon, Courtney, Katie, and Kat and so many more. I was staying with a wonderful family, the Ardizzones and working a part time job which was supposed to lead to a full time position but it ended up not working out.
Three days ago I finally came home. I drove 10 hours and it felt so great to walk in the door and know that my travels are over (at least until I know when and where I will move next)
I get to be here with Mom and Dad and Amy and John for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will take this time to reflect on the past 2 years, on Spain, on God's faithfulness through it all. I will also take this time to wait on God for where He is directing me next. But mostly I will use this time to rest. Rest, that word sounds soooooooo... like exactly what I need right now. descansarrrrrr!
Home, family, familiar... After a year and a half of living in another culture, learning a new language, experiencing another world and adapting myself to it, after 2 years of saying goodbyes and hellos and goodbyes and hellos and goodbyes again, after driving over 90 hours in the past 3 months (KS, TN, NC), after a year and a half of traveling all over Morocco and Spain and meeting soooo many different kinds of people from all around the world, after moving 12 times in the past 3 years....
now, I am at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment