Last night was soooooo HARD. I had to hug and kiss my friends for the last time. I got to tell them that they have changed my life. I got to tell them that they have taught me so much about the world and about friendship. We told each other how much we loved each other, we hugged a lot and for a long time, we cried and we gave each other gifts.
I spent this entire week and weekend pretty much non stop with my friends, we spent a lot of time talking about our memories and looking at pictures and just being together trying not to think about the fact that it really is the end... that this moment really has come, that today is really my last day in Spain, that I really can't just go over to their house and eat lunch with them or go out on a Saturday night to tapas with them.
I will never forget these people or what I have learned from them. But I leave now knowing that I have loved... I have loved deeply and passionately this year and a half and that I have been well-loved by God and the friends He's poured into my life.
And I am overwhelmed with the pain of leaving and gratitude for what this has been.
Now I go home, HOME!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment