(The 2nd to bottom picture is of us in Marrakesh a few weekends ago. We were taking a carriage ride tour around the city… our horse collapsed in the middle of the road…)
(Also there is me at the beach a few weeks ago. Sometimes I just have to get away and go be refreshed by God… I would say the beach is the perfect place for that)
The other night I had two of my Morocan friends from my class over to watch a movie. Afterwards we decided to have a dance party. One of the girls brought her cd. So there we were a blond american girl and 2 muslim girls breaking it down to Arabic rap! Hahahhaahha. It was sooooo funny and fun and random. They taught me a few Arabic dance moves, I told them their hand moves looked like a tame hippie dancing.
Another night I asked one of my friends from class if she wanted to go walk around the city with me. She said “sure but my parents are here visiting from morocco, is it ok if we hang out with them?” So the three of us went out to coffee. Her dad speaks English, French, Spanish and Arabic and her mom speaks French and Arabic, so I have been learning some words in French and Arabic just because I am surrounded by it when I am with my friends from class. Well they invited me over for a Moroccan lunch that her mom wanted to cook for me the next day. She went all out, I ate for 3 hours straight…. I have never been soooo full in my life! Every time I stopped eating they would say, “Eat! Eat! You’ve only eaten a little”
So I just celebrated my 2…. 4th birthday. It was definitely the most unique unforgettable birthday of my life. Just because I never in my life would’ve imagined I would be in Spain, doing what I am doing. The other Americans here had a big lunch for me and 2 girls from my class came over. Later I went to tapas with my Spanish friends, it really was just a sweet, good day. God has poured in more abundantly into my life than I could’ve dreamed.
On Saturday we had a big Thanksgiving feast! There were about 42 people who came. We had 8 countries represented there: Nigeria, USA, Jordan, England, Spain, Morocco, Senegal and Cuba. It’s fun to get to share our American tradition with people from around the world. Different people stood up to share what they are thankful for. I was really honored when one of my friends from class said that she was thankful for me, one of the best friends of her life.
So I got to spend part of Thanksgiving with my family through the internet. This is why I love my family (see family photo above) hahahhahahah
4 comments:
Oh MOlly, I loved that we could spend Thanksgiving with you - even if it was through the internet! Just think in a little over a month we'll all be together live!!!
I love all your friends and the life that God is giving you in Spain. Love, MOM
Molly,
Just promise me that you will show us the Arabic Rap dance when we get there. Also if you could include the hand movements and teach them to us, maybe we could even get your Mom to break it down!!!
Lot's of Love,
Dad
Molly! I know it's been a while but it is so, so good to read your updates from Spain. It is so obvious to me as I read your writings that you really have a longing for people to know Jesus. I saw Anna when she came to Dublin a couple months ago and said she loves you...and that just makes me happy. I'm still planning a trip to Granada. We should talk about that!
How exciting. Blessings of God all the way around.
Post a Comment