Sunday, May 13, 2007

a tribute to my mom!



"She speaks with wisdom, faithful instruction is on her tongue...Her children arise and call her blessed" ~ proverbs 31:26-28

awwww my mom!! hi mom! Happy mothers day!

I love my mom so much. I feel so proud to be her daughter! I feel honored that God has brought me here through her and along side of her all my days of growing up! I have watched her life and learned how to "Love God and others with all my heart, mind and soul" by constantly experiencing it first hand through her life...day after day, in each pain and every joy. I saw a glimps of the impact of her life at my parents going away party in Charlotte. I have seen what investing your self and giving your life away looks like in human form! My mom and my dad! I hope God makes me into a woman like her.

She is my example, my advice giver, she believes in me and makes me believe in me too. When I have kids I want to give them to her for the first 18 years, because she seems to know what she is doing when her children adore her the way we do and feel this proud to be hers!

The other day I was talking to my mom on the phone and she said (in the most sincere voice), "aw honey do you want me to send you anything else? I can send you rice krispies and mashmellows and butter to make rice krispy treats.... do they have butter there?" hahahahahhahah!! I said, "no mom, there's no butter in Spain, can you send me some milk too? they don't have that here either" hahhahahaha

AWWW I MISS YOU MOM! I wish I could be with you today. To anyone in Memphis who reads this, please give her a hug and pretend like it is from me! Happy mother's day mom, i love you!

4 comments:

dave ruff said...

Molly,
what a neat tribute to Mom. She cried when she read it. She did a great job with the Children's Sermon and she even prayed in 'Jesus' name as opposed to 'jjjj...son's' name. Hahahaha.' We miss you a lot but we are confident in God's hand upon you.
You have been such a wonderful daughter to raise and so receptive to our guidance. We thank the Lord for you and Amy and John in every prayer we pray together.
Special love to you on this day.
Dad

Mary Ann Ruff said...

Molly,
I'm so honored by your tribute and proud to be your mother. It was hard to gain my composure after I read it which was right before the childrens sermon. I thank God for the privlege of being a mom to you, Amy and John. I am blessed indeed! Even though I miss you, my heart is filled with thanksgiving!So much love, MOM

BritBoat said...

How sweet! You look just like your mom! Dang Molliqua!
Wow, no butter or milk in Spain?! That's too bad. ;-)

Katie Jo said...

I will tribute to Molly's Mom too. She had to do something right to make three kids that great. And here's to family dinner every night forever. When Molly told me that, I thought that was so cool. And when Molly told us that her mom suggested she start a thankful journal and now Molly is the most thankful person alive probably. (Wait was that her mom or Oprah..) Either way, Good job Mary Ann.