Friday, May 4, 2007

las cruces





Yesterday was a holiday called Las Cruces. I don't really understand the holiday. They decorate crosses with flowers and put them up over the city then everyone fills the streets and gets wasted. Its really a strange combination. Therefore I don't think they really understand the holiday either.

Yesterday I walked home from school and all the friends were standing in front of my apartment building waiting for my roommate to come down and they said, "Molly come with us to get tapas." So I went with them at 1:30 in the afternoon then we went to this massive party in the street. There were thousands of people there, it was so big! We stayed there from 6 until 3:30 in the morning. It was great for practicing Spanish! I can't get over how normal it is for this culture to party so long and hard. Oh and I think I was on the news again! hahah the camera guy came up to our group of friends and filmed us cheering at him. hahhaa that is twice in 2 months being on the Spanish news.

The more time I spend with these people the more I feel so deeply for them. And since we go out for 12 hours or more, it provides a lot of time. I have never been this connected to people who don't believe in God and I am dying for them to know, I'm dying for them to believe. I've never wanted something so badly for others as I do right now.

Loving hard is... hard. I fall so quickly in love with the people in my life and the time of life I am in. It is hard to think that in 2 months all these new friends will graduate and move away. This keeps happening, I fall in love with a place and with people and then things change. But as I look back at every stage in my life since high school graduation, I never wanted to leave because I loved it... but God always moved me on and I fell in love all over again with a new place and new people: Charlotte, Boone, Brazil, Wilmigton, even Memphis, and now Spain. So I am learning to trust him as he carries me on and to not take the present moment and present relationships for granted. As for right now, I will soak it in and enjoy what and who is around me. People and places will always change... but God remains good, he remains faithful and our relationship is the one that always goes with me.

4 comments:

dave ruff said...

Molly,
Another just phenomenal blog. You write so well. About your comment about His moving you from one place to another; I think this is a pattern that was set in motion in our (Mom and my) lives even before you were born. I can share more later, but I see your willingness to do the same thing...willing to leave the people/places you love in obedience to God's call. And you are so right, it is so hard, but God's Hand is upon those who are willing to lose their life in order to save it.
I just love you so much.
Dad

BritBoat said...

I HEART Molly Ruff!! Love the updates chica. Man, I miss you guys!

dave ruff said...

Hey Molly,
We havn't got our skype stuff yet. It was so great seeing you and your roomates and hearing your voice and seeing your facial expressions. In a way it also made me a bit sad, because it made me miss you even more. But it's ok. It's still so amazing to me that you are there.
We'll get the skype stuff this week. Love you lots.
Dad

dave ruff said...

Molly,
We have our skype up and running. this is going to be fun. I guess Mom is lining up a time to talk. love you
Dad