
The roommates!
Some recent occurances:
The other night me and the roommates decided to do this dance/work out with flora's "batuka" dvd. We moved all the furniture and did syncronized dances in front of the mirror! haha. Afterwards we were eating dinner and Flora said "molly I think it must be destiny that you moved in here with us." I told her that they are a gift to me and how thankful I am for them.
The other day my roommates and I were sitting down for lunch and I was looking at my lunch I had just cooked and thinking, "mmmm salmon!" and out of no where they said, "molly, tell us the difference between Protestant and Evangelical." I was like whooaa, hi random question.... Anyways we talked for over an hour about what we believe about God or lack of a God, Jesus, life after death, the bible and creation. At one point in the conversation Noemi was explaining how she doesn't believe that we have souls. I said, "yeah but...you feel things, joy and sadness..." She said, "yes, but that is in different sections of your brain where these emotions come from." I think she saw sadness in my face because she interrupted herself and said, "molly it is not a sad thing. I believe I die and my body will become a part of the earth...it's a beautiful thing." I was torn between feeling joy for this opportunity from God to connect on a deeper level with my friends yet feeling pain because they don't know Christ. Well I just keep on praying for God's spirit to work because this is not up to me.... I love them.
That night I went out to tapas with Noemi and the group of friends. On the way home we were talking about how sad it was for her that these are her last 2 months of college and knowing everyone is about to move on and leave one another. I could completely identify because I went through the exact same thing this time last year. In our conversation I was given a little hope that maybe she does believe we have a soul and doesn't even know it, when she said, "molly it just hurts here" not pointing to a section of her brain rather pointing to her heart... and I said, " yeah, I know that pain"
Sat night I was walking home with some of my friends. One of the girls said, "molly, it's like it's destiny that you found the apartment and have become friends with all of us."
2 comments:
My favorite part of this post:
"I was looking at my lunch I had just cooked and thinking, 'mmmm salmon!' and out of no where they said, 'molly, tell us the difference between Protestant and Evangelical.' I was like whooaa, hi random question...."
It made me giggle.
gotta love "destiny"... and salmon.
Post a Comment